Friday, May 7, 2010

Amy Zents Salad Days 1 and 2

Day 1.  Yesterday afternoon around 4pm, on May 6th, 2010 I resolved to eat a salad a day in 2010.
I was getting pretty disgusted with my eating habits.  I thought, this isn't so much about the calories as it is about incorporating more fresh fruits and veggies into my nutritional eating style. So,
I got out the ol' 'ectric lettuce washer.
Hooray!
Batteries still workin'!

This was my Day #1 homemade garden salad:
As you can see, Romaine Lettuce with red peppers and onions, and lots of other wholesome veggies added.

Day 2 - Today, May 7, 2010
I decided to improve my skin and nails with the bountiful nutrients found in the exotic avocado!
I went to the local grocery store and bought 1 avocado to slice into today's salad and compliment it with flavor and nutrition!  I bought only one because it was hard for me to guage the freshness, or ripeness of it by sight and feel.  So, I just bought 1 and it was perfect!
Here is my Day #2 (today's) garden salad.  I included cucumber, red peppers, tomaotoes and topped it with my favorite Litehouse Blue Cheese Dressing with extra big chunks of blue cheese...yum!  yum!
Enjoy, and join AMY ZENTS SALAD DAYS to improve and augment your diet with fresh fruits and veggies!

No comments:

Post a Comment